Clinical Nurse Educator Workshop (CNE Preparation Course) in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
VALUE OF CERTIFICATION
Certification in any field is a mark of professionalism. For academic nurse educators, it establishes nursing education as a specialty area of practice and creates a means for faculty to demonstrate their expertise in this role. It communicates to students, peers and the academic and health care communities that the highest standards of excellence are being met. By becoming credentialed as a certified nurse educator, you serve as a leader and a role model. Certification is the mark of distinction for nursing faculty.
Option A: Must meet criteria 1 & 2
A currently active, unencumbered, registered nurse designation in the country where currently practicing as a nurse educator.
a master's or doctoral degree in nursing with a major emphasis in nursing education or
- a master's or doctoral degree in nursing plus a post-master's certificate in nursing education or
- master's or doctoral degree in nursing and nine or more credit hours of graduate-level education courses
Option B: Must meet criteria 1, 2 & 3
A currently active, unencumbered registered nurse designation in the country where currently practicing as a nurse educator.
- A master's or doctoral degree in nursing (with a major emphasis in a role other than nursing education).
- Two years or more employment in a nursing program in an academic institution within the past five years.
The topics will be divided into 8 modules:
• Module 1 – Fundamental Concepts for Nurse Educators
• Module 2 – Determinants of Learning
• Module 3 – Techniques and Strategies for Learning
• Module 4 – Instructional Methods and Settings
• Module 5 – Instructional Materials
• Module 6 – Technology in Education
• Module 7 – Evaluation in Healthcare Education
• Module 8 – Competency Assessment
The 8 modules will be delivered in the course of 3 days (during weekends)
• Interactive Lecture Discussion
• Group Discussion and Brainstorming
• Role Playing
Evaluation Tools and Expected Outputs from Participants:
• Pre-‐test and Post-‐test
• Fully Designed Training Needs Analysis Questionnaire
• Fully Developed Teaching Plan
• Fully Developed Competency Assessment Handbook