Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD) Sterile Processing Enhancement Course
The central sterile processing technician plays a vital role in maintaining the cleanliness, functionality and inventory of health care instrumentation and equipment. Their work ensures that patients don’t acquire infections and that doctor, nurses and allied health professionals are able to access the instrumentation and equipment they need immediately.
Patients receiving health care are at risk of developing infection as a result of their compromised cleaning, disinfection & sterilization protocols or during instrument reprocessing.
This course is designed for employees working in a Sterile Processing area, in the Operating Room, or other areas of a Hospital performing cleaning, decontamination, packaging and sterilization services.
The course includes the latest developments surrounding the process of instrument reprocessing and infection control.
- Contribute to a team of central sterile processing professionals who are all working together to maintain sterilization and storage.
- To prepare CSSD professionals to practice appropriate Infection control protocols.
- To update the latest standards, guidelines and best practices of instrument reprocessing.
- Clean, disinfect and distribute sterilized instrumentation and equipment to an emergency department, intensive care unit, the labor and delivery unit, operating room and other areas of health care facilities in a scientific manner.
- Know the government agencies and safety requirements implemented for CSSD personnel.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Infection Control Nurse and Nursing Administrator
- CSSD Managers
- CSSD Supervisors
- CSSD Technicians
- Quality Managers
- Allied Health Professionals with minimum 1 year of experience in sterile field
- Rules, Regulations and Safety
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Infection Prevention
- Disinfection Processes
- Processing Patient Care Equipment
- Preparation and Packaging of Instruments and Devices
- Types of Surgical Instruments and Specialty Devices
- Inventory Control, Storage and Distribution
- Sterile Storage
- Lectures and discussions
- Case scenarios
- Project work
- Comprehensive examination
- 2 days